I love to set goals every year. It helps me focus on things that I can actually accomplish, and even if I don't meet them within the year, it helps me to strategize for the next year. This year I decided to just make a big list of things I want to do. Here goes nothing:
* Blog more - How will you know about the cool things I am doing or want to do? I like to think I'm pretty interesting. Almost the most interesting girl in the world. lol
* Shoot everything - babies, families, boudoir, etc. - This is the the upside to establishing my own business. I can shoot whatever I want. ;P
* Shoot more weddings. - I am still new in the wedding industry, but that doesn't stop me from dreaming. In the meantime, I will second shoot and do smaller weddings for friends and families. (Get your discounted wedding photography NOW! lol)
* Find my own style - I love natural lighting, but I also know that off camera lighting can give some pretty cool effects.
* Define my Design - What exactly do I design? I like to think that I'm a creative and I love coming up with different concepts and ideas for all sorts of things. These range from styled shoots, events, to art. I don't want to confine my design...just refine and define. (too much rhyme? lol)
* Do more calligraphy projects - I love art. I love doodling. I love writing. It only made sense to do calligraphy with various mediums. i'm so critical of my pieces that I don't share them too often. I plan to change that this year! :)
* Have a baby - This is self-explanatory. Do you like how I snuck that in here? :)
* Get my PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification- I am a life long learning, and somewhat of a geek. This certification seems like it would help me manage my business and projects better. So I'm going to study, take the test, and earn the cert. :) Just like that.
* Lose 10lbs (before I have a baby) - I should really refrain from thinking pounds because muscle weights more than fat and tone look so much better. This should probably be written as, "Grow or build some abs".
* Network with more creatives, entrepreneurs & photographers :) - I think if you surround yourself with like people, you will be motivated and influenced. It's nice to learn things from others and bounce ideas off each other. I don't see my business as a race, but as a passion.
* Earn my Competent Communicator from Toastmasters - I've been a member of Toastmasters for some years, but have been pretty flakey with doing speeches. I've done most of my work behind the scenes. I've committed to facing my fear of public speaking and earning some accolades in this organization!
That's all I feel like sharing right now. I think it's more than what I planned on sharing. I hope you enjoyed!